What Advice Would You Give To Someone That Has Been Arrested?

Putting yourself in the best possible position for your case is simple. First, you want to retain a criminal defense or DUI defense attorney as soon as possible. Having representation early on in a case can help your case, but most people tell me that it puts them at ease and relieves their anxiety. Have common sense; do not put yourself in a position to be arrested again. It is really best to keep a low profile after an arrest. Make sure you follow all conditions of your bond, and do not contact anyone or go to places that you are not supposed to visit. More details can be acquired by consulting our Illinois Criminal Defense attorney who has experience in such matters of law.

How Can I Discover Where My Friend Or Family Member Has Been Taken After An Arrest?

Start with the police department of the municipality where your family or friends were arrested. If a police department of X town or city arrests them, then that is where they will be taken. If a county sheriff, or state police have arrested them it might be more difficult to figure out where they have been taken. You have to call around and sometimes even if you know where they are, the police department will not confirm that they are there if a case is under investigations.

How Can I Find A Qualified Attorney Right Away?

Early intervention by an attorney is critical to success in any case. I would say the sooner you can retain an attorney the better. The best way to retain an attorney in this situation would be by referral from another client of mine, or maybe another attorney refers you to me. Another good way to find an attorney is through the internet. Many lawyers have websites. Check to see if they have any case studies or courtroom victories with the same particulars of your case. See if there are testimonials and reviews as well. I would also recommend trying to find a lawyer that operates in your local area. For example, if you live in Denver, a denver criminal defense attorney would be best for you. At the end of the day, just talk to somebody; go with whom you feel most comfortable with.

Can An Attorney Get My Friend Or Family Member Out Of Jail Right Away?

Our Criminal Defense attorney in Illinois might be able to speed up the process to get a family, or friend out of jail, but there is no guarantee of that. Most importantly, an attorney at that stage of the proceedings would prevent someone from potentially giving any incriminating statements to police. This is very important, because confessions or the lack of confessions is frequently a major factor in how successful we are in resolving a criminal case. It can also be an important factor when it comes to appealing your case. Therefore, if you are in the area, you may wish to ask for advice from some of the best appeals attorney Memphis can provide.

Can I Replace An Attorney If I Am Not Satisfied With His Or Her Services?

Of course, you can replace an attorney if you are not satisfied with their services. In fact, I am contacted on a regular basis from people who seek a second opinion. Fighting a criminal or DUI case is similar to having a serious disease or illness. They have potentially lifelong consequences, so there is nothing wrong with seeking a second opinion.

For more information on Advice For Someone That Is Arrested, a free initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling our Criminal Defense attorney in Illinois at (708) 218-0947 today.